A Catechesis for Current Events (7/30/14)
So many issues in the news cry out for a faithful response. Find resources for handling these issues from a faith perspective.
Extensive Interview with Bishop Caggiano (7/30/14)
NFCYM's episcopal liaison is interviewed by America magazine in "Church Reform from Below: An Interview with Bishop Frank Caggiano."
Scouting Resource (4/8/14)
USCCB releases Q & A resource on Scouting.
Focus on Pope Francis: Challenge and Compassion (updated 3/12/14)
March 13 marks the anniversary of Pope Francis' first year as the Bishop of Rome. Read the pope's biography. The year has been overflowing with news stories, homilies, Apostolic Exhortations, videos and teachable moments captured in photographs.
- U.S. Bishops Express Thanks
- Take a moment and reflect upon the year. Then we invite you to say thank you to Pope Francis.
Here is just a sampling of the past year:
- Pope Francis on Cover of Rolling Stone Magazine (January 28, 29014)
- Message of Pope Francis for the 48th World Communications Day: Communication at the Service of an Authentic Culture of Encounter (January 24, 2014) [English] [Spanish]
- Evangelii Guadium: Apostolic Exhortation of the Proclamation of the Gospel in Today's World (Nov 24, 2013). [English] [Spanish]
- WYD 2013: Homily, Mass for the 28th World Youth Day (July 28, 213) [English] [Spanish]
- WYD 2013: Mass with Bishops, Priests, Religious, and Seminarians (July 27, 2013) [English] [Spanish]
- WYD 2013: Meeting with Young people from Argentina (July 25, 2013) [English] [Spanish]
- WYD 2013: Holy Mass in the Basilica of the Shrine of Out Lady of Aparecida July 24, 2013 [English] [Spanish]
- Encyclical Letter: Lumen Fidei (June 29, 2013) [English] [Spanish]
Best Practices for Shared Parishes: So That They May All Be One is the newest resource created by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Committee on Cultural Diversity in the Church. Its goal is to assist pastors and pastoral teams in welcoming diverse communities and building unity in diversity.
- Read the CARA Report on Cultural Diversity in the Catholic Church in the United States
- Available in English and Spanish from USCCB
Focus on Vocations (2/7/14)
- World Day for Consecrated Life: February 2, 2014—In 1997, Pope John Paul II instituted a day of prayer for women and men in consecrated life. This celebration is attached to the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord on February 2. This Feast is also known as Candlemas Day; the day on which candles are blessed symbolizing Christ who is the light of the world. So too, those in consecrated life are called to reflect light of Jesus Christ to all peoples. View resources to celebrate World Day for Consecrated Life . . .
- 2012 NRVC CARA Educational Debt Study—The study had two objectives.1) To learn more about the impact of student loans on the men and women who are coming to religious life today, and to, 2) learn about the policy and practices of the religious institutes regarding educational debt and to learn from their experiences. Read full article and download the complete report or Read the Executive Summary.
- NRVC Participates in NCYC—62 Religious Institutes creatively engage young people during the 2013 National Catholic Youth Conference. Read the full article.