National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry to Recognize the 2021 National Catholic Youth Ministry Award Recipients
The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry to recognize seven individuals and one organization for their significant and outstanding contributions to the field of Catholic youth ministry at an online awards ceremony Wednesday, February 9, 2022, at 6:30 pm ET (3:30 pm PT).
The National Catholic Youth Ministry Awards ceremony coincides with the annual membership meeting for the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM).
Striving to recognize innovative gifts that empower, equip, and accompany young people as they navigate the path of growing into missionary discipleship, the awards are divided into the following categories:
The Saint Katharine Drexel Pathway Award, recognizing diocesan-level initiatives, goes to:
• Claire McManus (Diocese of Fall River)
• Robert “Bob” Perron (Diocese of Orlando)
The Saint John Bosco Accompaniment Award, recognizing an individual, apostolate, or
organization on the national or regional level, goes to:
• The Knights of Peter Claver and Ladies Auxiliary (New Orleans, LA)
• Deacon Jerry White (Catholic Diocese of Charleston, SC)
• Dr. Juan Carlos Montenegro (Salesianas of Don Bosco, Los Angeles, CA)
• Jim Beckman (Archdiocese of Oklahoma City)
The Saint John Paul II Parish Leadership Award, recognizing innovative outreach at the parish level, goes to:
• Dr. Patrick Sprankle (St. Louis Church, Clarksville, MD)
• Amy Nash (St. Luke Parish, Archdiocese of Seattle)
For more information about the awards, recipients, and online ceremony to be held Wednesday,
February 9, at 6:30 pm ET (3:30 pm PT), visit www.nfcym.org/youth-ministry-awards.
For media inquiries, please contact Darius Villalobos, director of Diversity and Inclusion for NFCYM, at email@example.com