Saturday, January 18, 2020
10:00 am – 4:00 pm ET
(Doors Open at 9:00 AM CT)
Mission Event Center
200 N Shary Rd
Mission, TX 78572
Overview of the Day
HOLY FIRE SCHEDULE (TIMES LISTED ARE CENTRAL TIME ZONE)
9:00 AM – Doors Open
9:30 AM – Musical Performances / Main Stage Dance-Offs
10:00 AM – Opening Concert featuring Vince Lujan and Jesus Team A
10:30 AM – Warm up with Joe Melendrez
10:50 AM – Welcome with Noelle Garcia
11:00 AM – Keynote 1: Joe Melendrez
11:30 AM – Video Stories, Music, Prayer, and Youth Witness
NOON – Lunch (provided as part of ticket cost) – No concessions available. Reconciliation Stations, Prayer Chain Activity.
1:00 PM – Warm Up/ Concert performance – Joe Melendrez
1:30 PM – Emcee / Music by the Holy Fire House Band Jesus Team A
1:45 PM – Keynote 2: Noelle Garcia
2:15 PM – Young Disciples Challenge – Renewal of Baptismal Vows, Eucharistic Procession and Exposition
2:50 PM – Break / Prepare for Mass
3:00 PM – Celebration of the Eucharist with Fr. Derlis Garcia
4:00 PM – Conclusion of Holy Fire
Why Attend Holy Fire?
Pope Francis challenges all of us to become missionary disciples who courageously live out our faith. Through Holy Fire, we seek to gather and grow the emerging faith of thousands of young people, accompanied by parents and leaders, so young people see themselves as active witnesses of Christ and engaged members of the Catholic Church.
The producers of the nation’s largest Catholic youth event, NCYC, invite young people in grades 6-8 to a one-day experience of dynamic speakers, music, and the sacrament of the Eucharist like they have never before experienced. At Holy Fire, young people will be invited and challenged to embrace their baptismal call and embrace the relevant and powerful gospel of Jesus.
Who Should Attend?
All 6th to 8th grade students from parish religious education, Confirmation, youth ministry and Catholic schools, together with their teachers, catechists, youth ministers, parents, chaperones, and pastors from throughout the region are invited.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
TICKET PRICES – LUNCH IS INCLUDED IN THE TICKET COST!
- $30 – until November 14, 2019
- $35 – November 15-December 31, 2019
- $40 – January 1, 2020 until day of event (tickets can be purchased at the door)
NOTES ON TICKET SALES
- Every person attending Holy Fire (chaperones included) must purchase a ticket to enter the facility for the event.
- All tickets are the same price based on date of purchase. All tickets ordered in advance will be mailed out two weeks prior to event (January 3), none sooner.
- All young people attending must be chaperoned in accordance with their parish/diocesan safe environment policies. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to attend with their own junior high aged teens.
- Questions about ticket sales? Contact Us
Are you a group leader?
We’ve curated resources to help form and prepare your young people for Holy Fire and the faith messages and experiences they will be participating in throughout the day.