Leader Resources for Preparing Young People
Use the resources below to help form and prepare the young people for the Holy Fire event and the faith messages and experiences they will be participating in throughout the day.
What to Expect – a handout written for young people to help prepare them for Holy Fire.
Pre and Post-Event Formation Sessions – faith formation sessions to help further form and catechize young teens on the faith themes that will be touched upon during the event. Excellent for use in Catholic school and parish faith formation and youth ministry settings.
- Pre Event Session 1 – Divine Mission – special thanks to Life Teen for their leadership in developing and providing this resource from their Edge series for young adolescents.
- Session 2- Baptism: A New World – special thanks to Saint Mary’s Press for providing this resource from Catechetical Session on Liturgy and the Sacraments
- Post Event Session – Transformation – special thanks to Life Teen for their leadership in developing and providing this resource from their Edge series for young adolescents.
On the Bus Questions – a series of questions for leaders to use with young people both during the trip to the event and for processing the event on the ride back.
Group Leader Promotion and Preparation Information
Event information is posted here for all Group Leaders. Please note that all attending must bring their own lunch and each group is responsible for obtaining their own permission slips in accordance with their diocesan, parish and/or school policies and procedures. Permission slips WILL NOT be collected by event organizers, they are to be retained by each group leader.
- Group Leader Guide – Leaders Must Read Prior to Attending
- Event Rules and Code of Conduct: Please Note: NFCYM will NOT be collecting any individual names, permission/medical slips, codes of conduct or safe environment forms from group leaders. The oversight of these forms will be the sole responsibility of each group leader/organizing agent in accordance with their parish/diocesan safe environment policies.
- Adult Code of Conduct
- Youth Code of Conduct
- Holy Fire Poster Download
- YouTube Link to Promotional Video
HOLY FIRE T-SHIRT SALES
Discount t-shirts for Holy Fire South Texas are now on sale! Must order before January 1, 2020 for pre-event pricing and delivery. Limited sizes and colors will be available on site.
- $8 now or $10 at the door (+$2 XX /+$3 for XXX sizes)
- Personalize shirts with a parish or school name for $3 more each (25 shirt order minimum).
- To order your shirts, determine color (white, black or gray) and quantity for each size, and click on the button.
- Shirts will be delivered between January 10-13, 2020
Questions? Contact [email protected]
For More Information Contact:
This event is produced and presented by the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry and hosted by the Diocese of Brownsville with generous support from Fountain of Mercy Ministries.