The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) welcomes all United States Catholic dioceses and/or eparchies (hereinafter “dioceses”) to consider applying for Diocesan Membeship.
DIOCESAN MEMBERSHIP PROCESS
A diocese in the United States may become a member by paying the organizational dues and filling out a Membership Commitment Form. Each representative for a Diocesan Membership shall:
- Be employed by or designated by the Bishop or his designee
- Be in compliance with safe environment/youth protection standards of the Catholic Church in the United States and eligible to serve with young people.
- Sign the NFCYM Code of Ethics for Youth Ministry Leaders
- Complete a Membership Commitment Form.
PRIVILEGES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Each diocese shall have one (1) vote on all matters before the membership. The vote of each diocesan member is determined through consensus among the five (5) representatives of the diocese/eparchy. Any diocesan representatives in excess of 5 designated representatives may affiliate with NFCYM as an Associate Member.
Additionally, by virtue of membership, each diocese that is a member shall have the following privileges and responsibilities:
- May identify up to five (5) designated representatives* (“representatives”), one of who will be considered the Primary Diocesan Contact;
- The possibility to serve as a member of the board representing one of the fourteen (14) geographic episcopal regions;
- To participate on, and serve as members of and leaders for the project teams, ministry networks, and other activities including the annual membership meeting;
- To participate in the annual membership meeting and to address the membership while in general session at the annual membership meeting on all matters before the membership; and
- To receive NFCYM mailings and discounts.
*A diocese may change their representation during the year when the need exists with the official diocesan representative sending a letter to the Executive Director.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Special rates and early registration to conferences
- Professional training, resourcing, and support
- Exclusive member-only webinars and recordings throughout the year
- Regular communication from NFCYM with updates on national trends and concerns affecting youth
- Access to our resource library, including past conference sessions
- National directory for networking with peers and other youth-serving organizations
- Vehicle of communication with other national organizations (e.g., USCCB, NCCL, NALM)
- Exclusive access to luncheon and member-only sessions at NCCYM
- Complimentary registration at the New Diocesan Directors Institute (NDDI) for newly hired diocesan employees (actual cost $500)
- Eligibility to serve as members of and leaders for committees, project teams, ministry networks, and other bodies of the membership
EXPECTATIONS OF DIOCESAN MEMBERS
- Agree with and advocate for the mission, vision, and values of the NFCYM within their diocese;
- To actively participate in the work of their USCCB designated region;
- To attend and participate at the Annual Membership Meeting, as able;
- To share gifts and talents by actively participating in the work/tasks of the NFCYM;
- To promote and support the programs, services, publications of the NFCYM within their diocese.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRIMARY DIOCESAN REPRESENTATIVE
- Assist the (arch)bishop in designating four (4) additional members within their diocese/eparchy. These names are to be submitted annually.
- Facilitate a consensus process for voting.
- Ensure the payment of annual dues.
The annual renewal of diocesan members will take place from June 1 to July 30:
- By June 1, the NFCYM sends a letter to all diocesan members requesting their annual dues and statement of renewal;
- Reminder notices are sent on June 1 and July 1, as needed.
DIOCESAN MEMBERSHIP DUES STRUCTURE
The annual membership dues for each diocese shall be based on Catholic population in the diocese or eparchy as listed in the current Official Catholic Directory, multiplied by a rate established by the board from time to time. Annual membership dues are due by July 31. There is a half price prorated option for those dioceses wishing to join after January 31. The cut-offs for eligibility for discounted rates for conferences/services i.e. NCYC is July 31 of each year.
The annual fee can be waived due to financial hardship, with the request submitted in writing to the executive director of the NFCYM.
DIOCESAN MEMBER LIST
Diocese of Allentown
Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown | Office
Diocese of Erie | Office
Diocese of Greensburg | Office
Diocese of Harrisburg | Office
Archdiocese of Philadelphia | Office
Diocese of Pittsburgh | Office
Diocese of Scranton | Office
Diocese of St. Thomas
Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston | Office
Diocese of Alexandria | Office
Diocese of Baton Rouge | Office
Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux | Office
Diocese of Lafayette, Louisiana | Office
Diocese of Lake Charles | Office
Archdiocese of New Orleans | Office
Diocese of Shreveport | Office
Diocese of Amarillo | Office
Diocese of Austin | Office
Diocese of Beaumont | Office
Diocese of Brownsville | Office
Diocese of Corpus Christi | Office
Diocese of Dallas | Office
Diocese of El Paso | Office
Diocese of Fort Worth | Office
Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston | Office
Diocese of Laredo | Office
Diocese of Lubbock | Office
Diocese of San Angelo | Office
Archdiocese of San Antonio | Office
Diocese of Tyler | Office
Diocese of Victoria | Office
Diocese of Fresno | Office
Archdiocese of Los Angeles | Office
Diocese of Monterey | Office
Diocese of Oakland | Office
Diocese of Orange
Diocese of Sacramento | Office
Diocese of San Bernardino | Office
Diocese of San Diego | Office
Archdiocese of San Francisco
Diocese of San Jose | Office
Diocese of Santa Rosa | Office
Diocese of Stockton | Office
Archdiocese of Miami | Office
Diocese of Orlando | Office
Diocese of Palm Beach | Office
Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee | Office
Diocese of St. Augustine | Office
Diocese of St. Petersburg | Office
Diocese of Venice | Office