Key Links for World Youth Day Texts
Don't rely on excerpts in short articles or sound bites on the evening news. Read the full text of the Holy Father’s comments, speeches, and homilies through the Vatican website links below:
- Dialogue with Three Italian Young People via Video Link This was not covered extensively in the media, but the final response is a wonderfully clear meditation on “bridges” versus “walls.”
- Address at the Welcoming Ceremony of the Young People of WYD (a powerful call to mission)
- Address at the Way of the Cross with Young People
- Homily at Mass with Priests, Religious, Consecrated, and Seminarians
- Address at the Prayer Vigil
- Homily at Mass for World Youth Day
- Videos of many WYD events can be found on the Vatican YouTube channel.
Responding to Violence and Racism
- The NFCYM is able to draw on a wide variety of member dioceses and collaborating member organizations. Through their efforts and generosity we can curate resources applicable to painful and challenging times. We have added additional links and resources to our existing pages on
- Read the statement from Bishop Farrell, Diocese of Dallas
- See the statement from Bishop Robert Muench, Diocese of Baton Rouge
- Read the statement from Archbishop Gregory Aymond, Archdiocese of New Orleans
- Read the statement from Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, President, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
NFCYM Announces New Executive Director
The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) is pleased to announce Christina Lamas as its new executive director. Lamas brings more than twenty years of youth ministry experience to the NFCYM, most recently as the associate director for the Office of Religious Education and division coordinator of Youth Ministry for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Lamas will begin her new position at the NFCYM’s Washington, D.C. office on August 22, 2016. View/download the full press release ( 124 KB).
NFCYM Adopts New Mission, Vision, Values Statements
At the 2016 Annual Membership Meeting in Chicago, The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry approved and adopted new mission, vision, and values statements. These statements are now published in full on this website.
September is National Preparedness Month
Resources and organizations of interest:
News from NFCYM and Beyond
Recent news and/or updates to the website include:
- Resources for National Youth Violence Prevention Week on the “Christian Response to Violence” page
- New Catechetical Session plan on the Spiritual Works of Mercy added to the “Year of Mercy” page
- Dr. Robert McCarty completed his nineteen-year tenure at NFCYM on March 4. Read Bob’s farewell note and see the federation and staff “thank yous.”
For more information, see the full News page.
Lay Ecclesial Ministry
The mission of the church cannot be completed without the faithful work of its lay ministers. Is Christ calling you to lead his church in this capacity? Check out the certification process on the Alliance for the Certification of Lay Ministers website (lemcertification.org) and these resources:
What's NFCYM's Most Popular Training In-Service?
Resources for Supporting Pope Francis' Encyclical, Laudato Si
A collection of resources can be found in our “Catechesis for Current Events.”
Also, be sure to check out NFCYM’s website, “Care for Creation, Care for the Poor” at climate.nfcym.org.
Links will open the conference website