BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Reduced rates at various formation events
- Regular communications from NFCYM
- Professional training, resourcing, and support
- The ability to network with peers and other youth-serving agencies
- Opportunity to engage in work of the NFCYM
- Receive current updates on national trends and concerns that affect youth and ministry
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP DETAILS
- Cost per year is $75
- Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis
- Renewal takes place annually in the same month you joined NFCYM
PRIVILEGES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- There shall be one (1) vote per region on any matter before the membership for which an associate member may vote, with criteria for voting identified by the region.
- For the purposes of selecting from time to time the one (1) representative of the associate membership category to serve on the board, each region may identify one (1) designated associate member representative (“representative”) who shall meet with the other thirteen (13) representatives to discern the board member.
- By virtue of their membership, each associate member shall have the following privileges and responsibilities:
- To participate on, and serve as members of and leaders for the project teams, ministry networks and other activities.
- To participate in the annual membership meeting and to address the membership while in general session at the annual membership meeting on all matters before the membership.
- To receive Federation mailings and discounts.
EXPECTATIONS OF ASSOCIATE MEMBERS
- Members agree with and advocate for the mission, values, and vision of the NFCYM.
- Members are in compliance with their diocesan safe environment policies and have attended Safe Environment training.
- Members provide a signed Code of Ethics form.
- Members provide a referral from a current member.
- Members agree to promote professional youth ministry by supporting the Renewing the Vision document.
- Members agree to engage in the work of the Federation by attending membership meetings, participating in the work of the committees, staying informed of the work of the Federation by reading notes and papers, attending webinars and participating in the survey of members regularly.
- Members promote a “spirit of collaboration” between individuals, diocese and the national organization.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF ASSOCIATE MEMBERS IN A LEADERSHIP POSITION
Associate Members who are in a leadership position must provide the following in addition to the adhering to the expectations listed above:
- A certificate noting compliance with diocesan safe environment policies and training.
- A conflict of interest form.
- A letter of recommendation or suitability from a ministry supervisor. Diocesan leadership will be informed of associate member acceptance.