Who We Are
The NFCYM looks to a future when young people see themselves as children of God who live as missionary disciples of Jesus Christ; when the gifts, struggles and diverse realities of young people are welcomed in Catholic faith communities; when ministry leaders have embraced the joy of the Gospel, and when families are living as the domestic Church.
The NFCYM commits to advancing the field of pastoral ministry to young people by: forming, equipping, and supporting ministry leaders in their service to young people and their families; modeling and fostering a ministry of acompañamiento among young people of all cultures, languages, socioeconomic and geographic realities; and, partnering with parents and equipping families of young people as they witness to Jesus Christ in their daily lives.
- Guidance of the Holy Spirit discerned through prayer
- Fidelity to the mission and teaching of the church
- Ministry rooted in prayer and sacraments
- Communion with the bishops of the United States
- Dignity and giftedness of each person
- Inherent goodness, unique gifts and charisms of all young people
- Baptismal call of each person to discipleship, mission and holiness
- Richness of diversity
- Promotion of justice and peace
- Responsible stewardship of our resources
- Wisdom of shared leadership and collaboration
NFCYM helps young men and women to discover this horizon of grace together. They begin to see the light of Christ dawning in one another as they rise to the joyful voice of the Good Shepherd.
The Board of Directors oversees the business and affairs of NFCYM, establishes policy, and implements long range planning. We are led by the nation’s most mission-driven individuals who are established leaders in their communities.
We’re dedicated to providing support where you need it. Our staff works closely with the Board of Directors and members to unify our efforts to lead our young Church to Christ.
We’re committed to advancing the field of pastoral ministry to young people that is built on a firm foundation rooted in Christ, driven by integrity, and focused on the future of the Church.