The vast majority of those who are called to ministry or ordained for service in the church live a committed effort to follow in Christ’s footsteps. It is NFCYM’s hope that the publication and integration of these practices and policies into the life of our organization will allow us all to continue to serve as a community of faith, living the love poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit. It is NFCYM’s expectation that each person who reads these practices and policies will accept personal responsibility for adherence to them. It is our belief that God’s goodness and grace supports this work and those called to service as our partners in ministry.
SAFEGUARDING GOD’S CHILDREN: NFCYM POLICIES FOR PROTECTING YOUNG PEOPLE
NATIONAL CATHOLIC YOUTH CONFERENCE EMERGENCY AND CRISIS RESPONSE MANUAL
National Child Abuse Prevention Resources
Church Sexual Abuse Resources
- If One Member Suffers, We All Suffer Together With It Letter from Pope Francis
- U.S.C.C.B. Chairman Response to Pennsylvania Grand Jury Reports United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- The Church Sex Abuse Crisis: What You Need to Know A collection of news and articles on the clergy abuse crisis compiled by America Magazine
- Eight lessons to help us move forward from the sex abuse crisis – in America magazone
- The Darkness of Scandal and the Light of Christ Leah Murphy, LifeTeen
- Dear Catholic Bishops: This is Not The Time to Play Defense Katie Prejean McGrady, America Magazine
- Bishop Frank Caggiano’s Statement on Crisis to his Diocese NFCYM Episcopal Advisor, Diocese of Bridgeport
- The Virtues of Catholic Anger – Fr. James Martin, S.J.
- Youth Ministry: Addressing the Sad Reality of Sexual Abuse – Center for Parent / Youth Understanding
- Grieving with You: On the Clergy Abuse and What We Can Do Blessed is She
- U.S.C.C.B. National Review Board Calls for Lay Leadership Amid Sexual Abuse Crisis United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Pastoral Resources in Response to Sexual Abuse Diocese of Grand Rapids
- Address to the Pennsylvania Grand Jury Reports Fr. Mike Schmitz, Ascension Press, Video
- Why Remain Catholic? (with so much scandal) Bishop Robert Barron, Word on Fire, Video
- Q&A about the Sexual Abuse Crisis Bishop Robert Barron, Word on Fire, Video
- Courageous Conversations to Have About the Clergy Sexual Abuse Crisis – Developed by Dr. Dobie Moser and Dr. Sean Reynolds (Mustard Seed Consultants) to assist in processing the crisis with small groups.
- Having Critical Conversations on the Church Sexual Abuse Crisis – a Facebook Live recording with Dr. Dobie Moser and Roy Petitfils.
- Talking To Young People About the Scandals in the Catholic Church Roy Petitfils, LPC offers tips for parents, teachers and ministers on how to discuss the recent scandals in the Catholic Church with young people, Video
- Defend Innocence Age appropriate information to share with children & teens
- The Clerical Sex Abuse Scandal: What Parents Can Do & How to Talk to Your Kids Jerry Windley-Daoust, Peanut Butter and Grace
- Addressing Clergy Sexual Abuse and Cover Up Lily Hannann, Life Teen