The National Diocesan Directors Institute (NDDI) is an annual four-day institute sponsored by the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry and offered for new diocesan leaders involved in youth and young adult ministry. Designed for professionals who’ve served in diocesan youth ministry for less than three years, programming includes:
- Introduction to national Catholic Church resources
- Training in management and resourcing skills
- Insight into personal spiritual development
- Ongoing visioning and planning
2021 NDDI - Schedule
After much discussion and planning, it has been decided to offer the 2021 NDDI virtually over the course of three months in 2021, with an optional onsite experience in April, 2022.
March 15, 2021
- 2:00-4:00 pm ET – Session 1: Welcome to Diocesan Leadership (Role of the Diocesan Leader)
March 24, 2021
- 2:00-4:00 pm ET – Session 2: Vision for Relational Ministry (Including Networking and Resources)
April 21, 2021
- 2:00-4:00 pm ET – Session 3: Introduction to NFCYM
(Staffing and Structure)
May 12, 2021
- 1:00-2:30 pm ET – Session 4: StrengthsFinder
- 3:30-5:00 pm ET – Session 5: Cultural Diversity
May 19, 2021
- 1:00-2:30 pm ET – Session 6: Ministry Visions: Pastoral Juvenil, Young Adult Ministry, Youth Ministry
- 3:30-5:00 pm ET – Session 7: Training and Formation
May 26, 2021
- 1:00-2:30 pm ET – Session 8: Consultation Skills
- 3:30-5:00 pm ET – Session 9: Direct Services
April 26-28, 2022 – Optional Onsite Gathering in Washington DC (more info and schedule to come)
Cost and Registration
Thanks to the generosity of our presenting team, NDDI is free for participants that work for an archdiocese/diocese that is affiliated with NFCYM (diocesan members).
If you work for a diocese that is not affiliated with NFCYM, the cost is $150 per participant.
After purchasing your ticket, you will receive an email with a link to complete your registration.