About the Accompaniment Project
Over the last three years, NFCYM, in collaboration with the Center for Ministry Development, worked with nine parishes in three dioceses to develop faith-building relationships to accompany youth toward discipleship. The project aimed to equip parents and faith companions to walk with youth in faith, and build youth ministry around accompaniment where the parish community includes, values, and cherishes young members.
View the recording of the Implementing Accompaniment Webinar to learn more about the project.
Accompaniment Project Resources
The following are resources to support communities in equipping parents and faith companions, transforming ministries, and engaging the parish in accompanying young disciples.
- Journal Article – Implementing Accompaniment of Youth in Parishes – this article provides vision, direction, examples, and resources for implementing accompaniment in parishes
- Journal Article – Leadership for Youth Ministry in Parishes Who Accompany – this article provides direction for developing leadership for youth ministry.
- Guide to Accompaniment Resources for Parish Leaders – this guide provides parish leaders with starting points for using the resources of the Accompaniment Project
- Guide to Accompaniment Resources for Diocesan Leaders – this guide provides diocesan leaders with starting points for using the resources of the Accompaniment Project
- Accompaniment Project Team Vision, Process and Roles – supports parishes and dioceses in creating and supporting an Accompaniment Project Team to guide implementation in their community
- Parishes Who Accompany Youth (Description) – provides specific markers for communities who are implementing accompaniment
- Spanish version: Parroquias que acompañan a los jóvenes y sus familias en la fe
- Parishes Who Accompany Youth (Reflection and Assessment) – tool that helps communities plan for growth
- Job Description for Coordinator of Youth Ministry and Leadership Team Members – These descriptions for the leadership roles of Coordinator of Youth Ministry and the Youth Ministry Coordinating Team
Parents, sponsors, family, ministry leaders, and community members can be faith companions for youth.
- Let’s Talk with Youth about Faith and Life – video-based training for use with parents, Confirmation sponsors, catechists, ministry leaders, and others faith companions for young people.
- Parent and Faith Companion Toolkit – resources, questions, and tips to support accompaniment.
- Prayer for Faith Companions – prayer is for all who seek to accompany youth.
- See Conversations #2: Being a Faith Companion and #3: Witnessing Faith in section below as well
- #1: Introduction to Accompaniment – invites teams to consider the resources and needed changes in their community.
- #2: Being a Faith Companion
- #3: Witnessing Faith
- #4: Developing Faith Companions for Youth
- #5: Transforming Ministries to Promote Accompaniment
- #6: Becoming a Parish Who Accompanies
- #7: Leadership for Accompaniment